Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for and will earn you 15 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
Check out our requested posts for November!
Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- My Day in Analogue: We’re interested to know about what a day in your life is like. We’d like to take a peek into what a day in the life of our fellow lomographers, so we’re encouraging you to make an analogue photo diary. Using your analogue cameras and favorite films, document your daily routine, activities, hang-outs, haunts, friends, colleagues — anything that would show us a slice of your life — and write a little something about them.
- Happenings on Film: Whether it’s a concert, exhibit, sports event or festival, or Movember celebrations, share it with the rest of the community through pictures and let them know what’s happening on your side of the world.
- Thanksgiving Diaries: Thanksgiving is almost here and we’re sure you’re excited. How do you celebrate Thanksgiving on your side of the world? Share with us your preparations, traditions, and photos of your delicious dinner!
- Fresh from the Lab: We’re always curious about what our fellow lomographers have been up to. So, if you’ve got a new set of beautiful photos, fresh from the lab, that you’re itching to share with us, tell us about it in this new series!
- Spooky Spots: Is there a place in your hometown that becomes the talk of the town most especially during Halloween? Is there a spot that trick-or-treaters are afraid to go to? Spooky tales of haunted places once again fill the air. Are you afraid of the dark, or braver than the rest? If you have what it takes to lurk around so-called haunted places within your vicinity – whether it’s a cemetery, abandoned building, or an old house – bring your camera and show us just how scary those places are.
- Home for the Holidays: Planning a holiday, or just been to one? Tell us about a recent trip, or a place you want to go back to on your next holiday, and show us the splendor of the said location through pictures!
- My Favorite Hang Out: Now that it’s getting colder in some parts of the world, where do you go for a cup of hot cocoa or a filling meal? If it’s still a bit warm on your end, where do you troop with riends for refreshments, or to simply hang out? Tell us about your favorite hang out, and what makes it special.
- Lomography Day Trips: Over the past year, we’ve been sharing with you our itinerary recommendations for day trips around the world’s biggest cities. This year, it’s time for you to take charge and show us around your town or city! What are some of the must-visit spots that we should head straight into, if we only have a day to see the sights in your town? Tell us, show us, guide us!
- Instant Photography Tips: Instant photography isn’t for everyone, but there are those who can create stunning images with instant cameras. If you’re one of those instant photography artisans out there, share the love and knowledge with some tips!
- Lomo’Instant Tips: If you are one of our lucky Kicstarter backers who have received your own Lomo’Instant Camera and have had the opportunity to test it, why not share some tips and techniques on how to make the most of this instant wonder?
- Darkroom Tips: There’s no reason for you to be afraid of the darkroom. Help you fellow lomographers and share those darkroom tips and tricks.
- Indoor/Low-Light Photography Tips: Low-light conditions and indoor shots (taken inside pubs, bars, restaurants, coffee shops) can be challenging for any photographer. So, if you’ve mastered taking dramatic snaps without a flash, why don’t you share a trick or two (or more) for those of us who aren’t fans of flash photography and bright studio lighting.
- Lomography Petzval Lens Photography Tips: If you’re one of the lucky owners of the New Petzval Lens and if you’ve been playing around with it for a while, you have most likely discovered some nifty ways on how make the most of your brass wonder. Share those nifty tips and tricks, will you?
- New Russar+ Lens Photography Tips: What about the Russar+? Are you one of the blessed owners of this wide-angle marvel, too? Be a darling and share the techniques you’ve picked up so far.
- Film Experiments: Do you love to tinker with your film rolls to come up with off-kilter photos? Do you use concoctions, film soup recipes, and chemical cocktails for creating funky effects on your film photos? Tell us about your film experiments, and show us what you can do!
- Extreme Camera Modifications: It’s one thing to tinker with your beloved film cameras for cool effects, and it’s another to modify them permanently whether in form or function. If you’ve ever tried making extreme camera modifications, we’d like to know how you did them. Who knows, some of our fellow lomographers may be brave enough to try them out!
Lomo LC-A+ Instant Camera
Lomography LomoChrome Purple XR 100-400
Lomography Redscale Film
Photo Development Service
Lomography Gallery Store Workshops (any recent workshop you joined)
New Petzval Lens
Lomo’Instant Lens Combo
Fuji Instax Share Smartphone Printer
Petzval Special Aperture Plates
Iblazr LED Flash
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read these new guidelines and we’ll be waiting for your responses! If you’d like to discuss the possibility of becoming a regular contributor, feel free to email the editor. Thank you!